Sunday, January 17, 2010

Am I Still Awake?

Okay. Once and for all, I would like to sincerely state that my whole district is insane. Since the temple is closed today, I've reserved this day pratically a week in advance for sleeping-in (and informed about everyone beforehand), but oh no, my district decided to spring the last minute idea of doing laundry in the wee hours of the morning. ON CHRISTMAS EVE, even. Naturally, this idea was met with resistance, mostly from me. I mean, hello. We ALREADY have a time set for laundry later in the afternoon so why don't we all do laundry at that time and just enjoy our morning? But long story short, here I am, at bloody 4:00 AM in the morning, typing this letter.

Last Tuesday, Elder Neal Andersen of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and his whole family visited the MTC. it was really sweet. His grandchildren held a little choir rectial. then of course Andersen spoke to us. It was about the importance of Jesus Christ in our lives, especially around Christmas.

Last friday at TRC, I ran in someone special: Jared's old companion, Austin Balaich. Really cool. We spent some time talking about Jared, what L.A. is like, how his mission were, etc. etc. Austin has already applied to teach here in the MTC in the ASL program and if all goes well, he will start teaching around the first week of January. Can't wait.

Something important happened this week also, One elder in my district, Daniel Cox, stepped down from District Leader and that calling was given to my companion, Elder Van Dam. Which makes me District Companion, which in some way makes me second-in-charge. heh heh heh. I feel the power now! Better not... abuse it in some way. I'm kidding. I'm kidding. still, it's cool though.

Anyway, that's it for today. Sorry for the relatively short letter but I'm always slower than usual in the mornings and it's hard to think clearly. I seriously need my sleep. WAH. bye.


Elder Tritsch

No comments:

Post a Comment